Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Candy making....

On Monday we went to Lisa to make Christmas candy. I had to be there by 8am to baby sit her babies, she lives in kuna. OK listen to this. I set my alarm for pm on sat which i was almost late for work lucky i was able to hurry super fast that day. Well Sunday i didn;t need to set alarm we have late church time and i slept in 9:30 ya! So it was still on PM when i set it for Monday. I woke at 7:28 got in the shower and and was out the door by 7:35. I am not kidding you i showered in 2 mins threw all my stuff in a big bag. Threw on clothes and walked out the door w the towel still on my head, lol. I knew i could get ready at her house. My other sister came over w her 4 kids and made caramels. We ate lunch and than i went to the store to get the stuff i needed. I came back on made peanut brittle. I have only made it one other time and i burned it. It is so hard to make. I kind of burned this one too but not that bad just little bit in the inside but i am still eating it. It takes forever i mean forever to cook. I also made these things called peanut butter sweeties(they are like a peanut butter truffle on a pretzel). I was going to take a pic of them but my mom left my brother take them when he came over. They were so good i am going to have to make more now. She is in trouble. I also made coconut truffles but i just barely for them rolled out into balls and will dip them later in the chocolate. Sometimes i over do it but i love to cook and bake stuff. I want to make my own caramels(there are so good also) I always make caramels every year. I love peanut butter fudge...ok i guess i got to stop..cause i could make a million more kind of truffles. I have lots of recipes i can post them later if people want.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I would love some Jenn.

Crazy8 said...

I would like the recipes also. Thanks. I'm glad you had fun.

Jenn said...

okay listen to this. I made peanut brittle my mom told me it wasn't very good and i kind of agreed w her i knew i used to small of a pan, well i mean it should have gone in two pans not one so it was super thick. So i take it to work cause those people will eat anything, lol. Well listen to this i am told by not one but so many its the best peanut brittle they have ever had i am just floored! I was like oh your lying i thought she was joking. Cuase some how it got all airy in the middle and ended up being light and airy, lol!