Friday, February 26, 2010

Aug 2009 remembering the good times at the Cabin in McCall, ID








Our family had a cabin that was in the family since i can ever remember. It was in McCall, ID. Our cabin was even on the lake side it was just a 5 min walk to the beach or in the winter time you could slide down the hill to the frozen lake. I think my grandpa bought it before i was even born and it was a tiny one bedroom( i do remember) and all us grandkids would sleep in the little small like shed like thing that had like 4-h camp like bunkbeds. I remember it seemed so cool cause we got to sleep in different buliding then the adults and could stay up all night playing games and stuff. We even had an outhouse, lol! yes for real but there was in door plumping also. When i was like 7 or so they tore it all down and rebuilt a 2 story cabin. It was 4 bedrooms w a huge loft that had 4 queen size bed and one twin(that is where the kids slept). We had so many memories as a family there, some good times. This past fall the family decided to sell it as in the cost of it was getting to be to much w the taxes and stuff. And the family grew too big to share it anymore, there was just to much family invloved. So sadly no more memories in McCall at our cabin. I have heard the people are already starting to remodel it. But we went up there in Aug for the last time and i will share those last memories w you guys.
So i went up to the cabin w Lisa(pregnant w twins), Andrea(Pregnant and visiting from AZ) my mother, Rebecca and her Friend Maggie. SO it was a pretty good time expect for all the hormones coming from the two pregnant girls. I just learned to say at the beach all day and either lay out in the sun, swim in the lake or play in the sand w the kids. I was so happy to just stay at the beach ad watch the kids all day i will tell ya! We stayed up there as i believe for many days during the week. And i really enjoyed playing in the sand w the kids(especailly Andreas since i don't get to see them anymore since they moved so far away). I will post some pics here of the kids i did not bury them in the sand they did that on there own!
















4 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks Jennifer about the hormonal comment!!!:) These pictures are so cute!

Jenn said...

I sure you can imagine if you are in my postional actually you were pretty good..im sure being pregnant w twins makes hormones double lol okay so at least i finally got you to comment on my blog lol yes i love the pics too i don't think i got some of Brooke not sure. You know i was just beig funny ad i love you!

Crazy8 said...

That is so cute and you kept the story simple (the hormone part). It looks like the kids really enjoyed the beach as well. I'm sad that the cabin isn't in your family any more, but I'm glad you have nice memories from it. Sometime we will have to take you to my in-laws cabin!

Jenn said...

ya that would be so fun! I would love that!