Thursday, January 27, 2011

flat tire xmas eve new years eve

Okay on Christmas eve i was going to work on bam i got a flat tire. I have never changed the tire on this car and tried to get the jack to work but it was no luck. it was such a weird jack, i called my brother to come and help me. But i stood there in the parking lot like a lost girl in need of some help. finally someone came to my rescue and came over and helped me(just a stranger). I did the whole thing for me how nice and i thanked him so much. As he did it i washed intently so that the next time this happened i would be able to just do this myself. I took my tire the following week to get it fixed, but it was so not fixable. and it cost way to much money for a new tire and they couldn't find me a used one. I didn;t know what i was going to do so i would just wait till i got my next check and the following monday get my car fixed. So i just drove on the spare. So on new years eve(i have bad luck) all of a sudden i just new what it was i had another flat tire i pulled into Khols parking lot and sure enough, i am like of crap the spare is on my car what am i to do.My friend Liz listen to me for a bit while i just about had a melt down in my car, was so sweet to call some places for me. In the end at the time i decided to just leave my car in the parking lot and i got my brother to come and get me and take me to work. So for a weekend i had to get rides to work and home. well my friend Kasey was able to get me a good deal on tires threw his dad which i am so greatful for and it helped me so much on the cost. So the following monday i had to go get one of the bad tires from the car and have the tire place mount a temp tire and than i went back to put in on there in place of the bad flat tire on the car. I was determined i was going to change this tire. My mom was insistant upon i needed a man to do this and i was like no way i do not need a man to do this. So first i tried to play w the jack and i tell you i watched closely but i totally forgot as i am looking at this dumb thing how you work it. so i tried to loosen the lugnuts and had no luck they were stuck on tight. And i was freezing also. My mom kept saying there is a man over there maybe he can do it. He finally came over and i gave in and said here can you do this, i was so tired of being cold it was like 30 degrees out. He had a hard time figureing the thing out too but got it and it took him 30 mins to change my tire but all in all i am very greatfull that i didn;'t have to do it. I paid him some money as he was supposed to be putting flyers on cars in the parking lot for his job and instead he helped me. Maybe liz can teach me how to change my tire on my car she knows how to do everything!
Oh all in all i got brand new tires on my car and better not be getting a flat for a long time!

No comments: