Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 12-25-2010

Well this Christmas i can say was better than last Christmas but still a hard Christmas. As this year i shared Xmas w my family living at home. A little different than the many years i have had but not bad. Little over a week before Xmas my little baby sis(she is 15) ended up in the hospital and even came close to dying, her blood pressure went so low. It made it sad and a mix of emotions. I was trying so hard to remember the reason for the season Keeping Christ in Christmas this year. I felt i had many challenges along the way but i kept reminding myself the reason for the season and tried to love all, even those that were really mean to me. I was not the only one who had a hard time. I could feel it from many in our family.I felt there was a lot of sadness around. I still tried to stay really positive, even when i felt really down. work was very crazy this year, we were short staffed on purpose, which i felt the wait on my shoulders but i wasn;t the only one. I usually focus on leadership around this time of year but i was told i needed to really work on my own needs at work and take care of myself to keep my performance high, i did but made it hard. We were also very busy this year. I hate to say this but as in retail i am so glad xmas is over.
On xmas eve i came home from work, we ate a ham(which came from a lovely basket w other goodies in it on our door) and some of the family came over. I went to to put my dish together for the next day at like 130am yes am. I was making butterscotch rolls and found our bunt pan was gone and i was out of ingredinents... i needed(brown sugar). I was like crap you can't borrow stuff from your neighbor at 130am. So my bad! Well i foudn a pan i could use. The rolls have to rise over night for sure so i just had to spray the pan and put them in w out the mixture. Christmas morning we opened presents, well becky and my mom did almost w out me, that is what i get for sleeping in till 9:00am but you know what the best Christmas gift is sleeping in on your day off, lol. I went to borrow the stuf i needed from the neighbor," merry Christmas, can i borrow brown sugar?" I had to stuff the filling in between the rolls as best as i could and along the side of the pan. I put it in the oven and well see the pan wasn;t big enough and i didn;t think the filling was going to over flow out the pan or i would have put a cookie sheet under the pan. i opened the oven to check the rolls, and well see the filling burnt to the bottom of the oven and this cloud of smoke filled the whole house and the smoke detectors went off, at this same moment my lovely "funny" mother is freakin out.
we than went to my sisters for brunch w the whole family at 11, well we got there at 1145, but it was no big deal. We ate and than just spent time w the family for a while. (oh and my rolls were gone in 2 secs by the way next time i need to double it)
My friend wanted to make sure i had a really good xmas, cause i told her before i felt it wasn;t going to be a good xmas. She invited me to come over on xmas, so after i took my BFf her gift i went to her house. I spent the rest of the day w her family. Which was really nice. They got a Wii for xmas and i watched and even played it a little myself. Than i went to visited my Grandma and took her, her gift. It was 10pm when i got home, wow what a busy day and i was tired. The next day was sunday the 26th, which i had to work since it was the day after xmas. first sunday i had to work in about 7 yrs i wasn;t happy about it. I went to another ward in the morning and i just had this bad feeling all day i shouldn't be there at work.
Over all i would say it eneded up being a good christmas(my best no but thats ok) for what it was it was a really good xmas. I felt a lot of love and joy that day. I was happy that day!!! Every year gets better and better, as time goes on..i feel the joy spark inside me! merry Christmas!
PS i forgot my camera that day so no pics ops!!

No comments: