Saturday, March 22, 2014

Practice round

So Faith birthday is coming up. Who I usually order my cakes from is on vacation. I had many ,give me referrals, but I decided I would make her birthday cake. I found this cake and decided I would copy it.

I also loved this on too!
 
So I got a small pan and baked a 6 inch cake. I made this yummy filling and got my cake all prepped. I went and bought the tools I would need. I wasn't sure how to go about this. I colored my frosting and just started working. Well actually in between taking care of my child, cooking dinner, eating dinner, getting Faith a bath. And than later I got back to work. 

It's not what I wanted but a good attempt. My younger sister Andrea gave me so great tips to fix my mistakes.( make my own frosting, start rosettes in the center and work out) This is fun. I all of a sudden have an interest in cake decorating.

No comments: